Thursday, August 8, 2024

Winter

 I chanced upon this webtoon one day with a rather weird title (There's a Rat in the House) and decided to check it out (Of course, it helps that it has an 18+ rating (hehehe). But apart from the risque scenes which are normal in most adult romantic relationships, it's a typical boy-meets-girl story, except that this time, it's the girl who rescues the boy one winter night.

Further into the chapters, despite not being able to relate to the girl's motivation and selfishness, I realized what made it resonate with me. It sort of the hubby's story. I was that warmth he clung to that winter. and when the demons of his past became too overwhelming, the warmth left him.

I do feel somewhat guilty, because I should be somewhat responsible for his mental well-being. But even after leaving all the tools and lessons I've taught him over the years, He is stubbornly clinging to old patterns even I no longer recognize. I thought my love and patience would be rewarded by a healed heart but I guess I'm still no match for generational trauma. 

Let's face it Q, in this case, you are not enough.

Cue waterworks.



No comments:

How Long Until...?

 I came across this excerpt from Emma Rose Byham from her book Was It Even Abuse?    that describes some of my experience when the H started...