A Serving of Humble Pie, Please

It's hard for me to swallow disappointment and rejection, though I should be getting used to it by now. I've been to a dozen interviews that went well. My qualifications were topnotch and there was no doubt I can do the job well. I just never got the job offer.

So what's a girl to do? I was a good officer and leader, my people would testify to that. It's like asking, "If I'm such a great person, why the heck don't they see it?" Hell, I've seen lesser-qualified people get the job instead of me. And no, I'm not being bitter about it. Although, yes, I am disappointed about it.

Maybe it's because I hate office politics and it shows. I'm scrupulously honest and I do not tolerate incompetent bosses. That's why I left my last job. The SO says the interviewer may feel threatened because I've a strong personality. I don't know. I might be blind to my own faults too. I'm not the best or the most intelligent in the world. It's just that it feels depressing to be rejected too many times.

It's easy to give up but I won't. I'm good and I know it. It's their loss, not mine. And if no one will hire me, I'll hire myself. Maybe I'm meant to be my own boss. What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boylet - A Definition

Just because...

Sabon